Sunday, February 7, 2016

2D/3D Art Homework #15: Mesh Inserting

I tried to apply the criticism given, especially when it comes to layouts, order, and the eyes. The mesh inserts, I had trouble with. Removing layers and things like that so I could mess with the geometry caused my ZBrush to crash repeatedly, and at one point my file corrupted and I nearly lost everything! Thank god for saving older iterations.

I think I'm going to do a lot in the paint-overs next week, since I enjoyed it so much in class last week. I'm still struggling with Zbrush through unfamiliarity—I'm going to try to take on more personal projects to become more familiar with it so I don't feel as afraid as I do with messing it all up. I'm getting better, but it's a process.

I used the mesh insert brush as well as the extract for some "armor" pieces. I sort of wish I'd used the extract on C, F, and J, but I couldn't smooth the pieces away to build off of them, so I'll keep that in mind for next time.


I turned the wolfish one a little more so one can see the tail I gave B.




1 comment:

  1. Designs are looking very good, bend your elbows a little bit on some of the designs where the arms feel a little more stiff. Solidify some of your details a bit more, some of them feel a bit soft in areas where details should read more clearly.

    ReplyDelete