Monday, January 25, 2016

2D/3D Art Homework #13: Unlucky Number Thirteen (Sort Of)

The only reason this really feels unlucky is because I feel completely wretched today, with a cold/flu thing starting to grow in my throat and my lungs, so getting all of this finished was a struggle against feeling really sick. Regardless, here's what I got, ready for detail and iteration in the next few weeks.

I was modeling some concepts for our Efreet character, Shahzaad. I used some of the thumbnail sketches I made as reference for some of the variants.

First, I made two different versions of a more "human" appearance. One is slightly more muscular, just in case that was a thing that we wanted to do.



I also did a more bestial version, where he looks kind of like a digimon.


And, of course, a more fire spirit-y one because this is a spirit/ghost game, isn't it?


I've provided both the sculpt and the polyframe of the remeshed version for scrutiny. It might need some tweaking, but I'm feeling gross enough it's hard to focus on it. I will definitely try to get that under control soon.

I think I'm going to lay down and finish the rest of my homework and maybe go back to sleep. ): I hope to see everyone in class again soon.



2 comments:

  1. I want you to keep pushing on your anatomy, and making more readable solid shapes. Everything is a bit soft right now and a little non descriptive.

    Your presentation is't professional at all right now. The designs need to be rendered, you should be tweaking the results in Photohshop to get the value levels exactly where you want them. The designs are not labeled.

    I'm only seeing 3 body types right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There should have been a full page layout with all 4 of your body types shown side by side.

    ReplyDelete