Sunday, September 27, 2015

2D/3D Art Homework #5: FOUR FOR THE PRICE OF ONE!

This week, we were tasked with going through all the previous steps (modeling, UVs, sculpting, baking, and coloring) in a single week. So I got to work!

I went with the barracuda-looking bass fish. After some work modeling, this is what I ended up with.



I took that into Zbrush and went to town sculpting it, eventually ending up with this beastie:


I baked out a normal map for that sculpt and it ended up looking pretty good! I then painted it up and I ended up with this in Maya, which I then took into UE4:



The only self-criticism I think I have in retrospect is maybe not making the color map a little bigger and more high-resolution so I could've been a little more detailed with it, as it gets kind of fuzzy-looking when you get closer. But otherwise I think I'm pleased with the final result and I enjoyed it!


No comments:

Post a Comment