Monday, April 18, 2016

3D Portfolio Piece #1: Blocking Out in Maya


So over the last few weeks, I finalized my figure sculpt (which needed a lot of anatomical fine-tuning, though unfortunately you can't really see it now!) and began to build out the forms of the armor in Maya. At this point I'm about 80% done (and I will update this post when the rest of the pieces are finished). One I have the armor pieces ready, I'm going to take everything into ZBrush so I can get the details sculpted out onto them. Then it's back into Maya for re-topology for the game-resolution mesh!

At times I worry that the complexity of this and the skill necessary in ZBrush might be a little over my head, but as I continued I grew more confident and started to have more fun. Now I'm excited about getting all the forms finished so I can take the next step.

Edit: Okay, I put in the time and finally got all of the forms in there. Next, I'm taking everything into Zbrush for a little texture- and final form-building before starting the retopology stage!


No comments:

Post a Comment